Today’s planning meeting was held at the Heritage Station, meeting space graciously provided for free by the CVB, who have been very supportive of our efforts. Thank You Tyson Compton!
Our “Big Push” meeting will be held on Thursday, Sept. 25th from 5:30-7:00pm at the weekly public Create Huntington “Chat-n-Chew” open discussion group, at the Frederick Building, 940 4th Ave. in Huntington, WV. All those who want to help with this Sustainability Fair and join a planning committee are strongly encouraged to converge at this Chat-n-Chew. Please Come and Led a Hand with getting this project into full swing.
Today’s meeting topics included:
- Attention – No August Meeting.
- IMPORTANT MEETING – Our Sept. 25th meeting at the Chat-n-Chew will be our Big Push for planning committee members and anyone else to get involved, to show up and dig-in! Fundraiser Events may start as early November, so we will need your help! We may have two meetings in October to help get our fundraiser events planned, as well as our main 2015 Sustainability Fair. However, our September meeting will be our Most Important Planning Meeting thus far, as it will be 6 months from the event. If you are interested in helping, or have expressed an interest in helping but have yet make a meeting, make this one a priority. We Do Need You 🙂
- Sustainability Fair event date confirmed with the GHPRD – Saturday, May 16th, 2015 from 11am-10pm (with lead-up events such as a community round-table on Thursday, Key Note community address on Friday, kick-off participation in the Friday “Party on the Patio”)
- Key Note Speaker – David Crockett (significant funding would be required for this renowned Sustainability advocate)
- Tentative Schedule of Events, including a local-foods taste-around, live music, performance art, speakers, workshops, seminars, demonstrations, presentations, independent films, etc.
- Funding Sources, Letters of Introduction, and Grant Writing
- Hosting a Local-Foods taste-around as a fundraiser, with wine and beer (Location? Date – possibly Nov?)
- Another fundraiser on Small Business Saturday (@ Heritage Station?)
- Our growing list of confirmed participants, suggestions for further participants
- Marketing methods
- HELP – our real need for more helping hands on this project