Help plan our 2015 Sustainability Fair! The next 4 months will go by quickly, and we have lots of work to do before our May 16th event. We hope you can join us at Heritage Station this Saturday from 1-3pm, to help brainstorm and plan for this large event.
As always – please feel free to bring your lunch with you, or plan to buy from The Station’s local eateries, including the River and Rail Bakery. This meeting is family friendly.
Overview: We look to host a fair centered around celebrating local sustainability efforts, creating a vibrant sustainable local economy, and educating the community on what it means to be sustainable.
Possible participants could include:
– Local musicians, artisans, crafts persons, authors, performers.
– Local foods focused markets, producers, restaurants, groups
– Local sustainability efforts by the City, community groups, organizations.
– Local businesses that sell or provide green and/or sustainable solutions/products.
– Local alternative transport options, including: walking, biking, buses; the PATH, City walkways and improved biking areas.
– Local health and fitness, including building a calendar of the many walk/run fundraisers, marathons, and races hosted each year.
– Education organizations/projects/lecturers centered on sustainability topics.
– Energy Efficiency, Sustainable Manufacturing/Industry, Green Services and Construction
– And more!
If you are interested in participating in any way and would like to join us on Facebook, you can find our
event page is at http://www.facebook.com/2015SustainabilityFair.
Our Living Local page on Facebook is at https://www.facebook.com/LivingLocalTristate, and you can join our planning group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/147984998662401/ if you would like to lend a hand.
For more information about the this project, please Contact Us.